These days IT professionals are being asked to move forward at the speed of light as well as make rapid pivots, often on a moment’s notice. Not only do we have to make change fast – it has to be perfect.
To perform like this, you’ve got to remove obstacles before they get in your way. Understanding and identifying business agility “anti-patterns” can help create or restore the right agility mindset, creating an environment that is conducive to high quality, rapid responses and more efficient organizations. We often see organizations doing their very best, only to be stopped in their tracks by certain roadblocks, what we call AntiPatterns. While there are many that cause problems, the ones we see impacting organizations most often include:
- There is a focus on the right METHOD, but not necessarily the right MINDSET.
- The leadership team is not actively engaged in the organization’s most critical endeavors.
- The organization isn’t living and breathing a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Work in Progress (WIP) is valued over creating good outcomes.
Uncovering and removing these AntiPatterns can help organizations:
- Better manage changing priorities
- Improve business/IT alignment
- Improve speed to market
- Increase team productivity
- Improve team morale.
Business Agility AntiPatterns identify broken links within organizations that can slow down or derail your best efforts. Wondering how many AntiPatterns exist in your area right now?
Take Trissential’s Business Agility Self-Survey and see what your answers reveal about possible roadblocks in your own organization.